Duties include, but not limited to
- Ensure retail store day-to-day running is operationally efficient and deficiencies identified and improved.
- Ensure costs are controlled
- Supervise staff in relation to attendance, sales, customer service targets and operations
- Ensure the compliance of procedures, regulations and quality standards
- Ensure customer’s needs are met i.e., answering queries, taking orders, accepting payment, dispatch & after sales/customer service
- Maintain customer relationship with regular customers
- Maintain market knowledge of products and competitors.
- Maintain & grow product knowledge and ensure staff keep to the same standard.
- Marketing and promotion of the business and branch online and offline to grow the existing customer base
- Maintain stock and company assets such as vehicles and equipment
- Maintain communication with head office and ensure administration of records, and reports are submitted
Following is essential
- Matric or similar/higher
- Knowledge and experience in management
- Good computer literacy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills on all levels
- Assertive with sound interpersonal skills are essential
- Professional, organised & diligent and able to work under pressure
- Enthusiastic, energetic, goal driven, committed and growth orientated
- Valid Driver’s license
- CV with traceable references (No job hopping)
The following is a plus
- Diploma in Management or Marketing/tertiary education
- Knowledge of motor parts or experience in the motor parts industry
- Business acumen and the understanding of pricing and cost calculation
- Knowledge of computers and/or hardware troubleshooting
Aspects to consider before you apply
- Willing to get your hands dirty
- The ability to handle parts, that may weigh from 1kg up to 40kg.
- Should you be successful you will need to provide a police clearance certificate or apply for one
- Salary depends on experience, includes a basic plus target based commission and provident fund.
- This is not the same as a manager position, the responsibilities are much less, there is no requirement to hire staff or discipline; no budget to calculate; no policies to draw up; no agreements to sign up for and maintain.